We are a design-focused practice of architects, interior designers and planners with offices in New York City and Los Angeles. We work nationally and internationally with an emphasis on cultural, arts, and educational projects for public and private clients.
If you’re a talented, energetic professional seeking meaningful work, who wants to make a difference, let us hear from you.
Pfeiffer Architects offers competitive salaries, benefit programs and profit sharing.
Please send your resume, along with a tailored cover letter, to: email@example.com, with “Architects-LA” in the subject line.
Senior Architect - Los Angeles
We are seeking a Senior Project Architect to lead, develop, and follow through on projects from initial concepts/pre-design through construction administration phases. The candidate should have both strong technical and design capabilities and the ability to openly and effectively collaborate with senior staff and to direct/mentor intermediate and junior staff.
• 15 or more years of relevant experience
• Registered architect
• LEED AP preferred
• Leading the design and documentation process from concepts through CA for multi-phased, complex performing arts, libraries, and student services projects
• Leading and coordinating large consultant teams, including structural, MEP, civil, and specialty consultants, such as theater designers, acousticians, lighting designers, landscape architects, waterproofing consultants, etc.
• Documenting new construction, as well as renovations and additions
• Preparing building construction drawings and details that are aligned with construction budgets
• Editing and coordinating specifications
• Research and innovative application of materials and building systems
• Clear understanding of risk mitigation through technical acumen and effective construction phase management
• Thorough understanding of project delivery processes
• Proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD and other applicable software applications
Project Architect Experience
• Experience in the development and implementation of project schedules, work plans, cartoon sets, and other tools for managing the design and documentation process
• Familiarity with both owner/architect and architect/consultant forms of agreement
• Solid writing skills and experience writing fee and additional service proposals
• Familiarity with project finances, budgeting and labor allocations, and proven ability to align work effort with available fee
• Ability to work effectively with Principals and project design leaders in a collaborative environment
• Ability to openly communicate with staff at all levels as well as mentor emerging professionals
• Ability to effectively represent the firm to its clients and the community
• An effective communicator, experienced in making presentations to clients and public agencies
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Senior Architect – LA’ in the subject line.
Interior Designer - Los Angeles
To support continued growth, the firm’s Los Angeles office is currently seeking an interior designer who can take part in reimagining learning and arts environments for a new economy. If you are an energetic, inquisitive, emerging professional wanting to help shape a new future for educational facilities through design, please submit your qualifications.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
• 5 years of professional experience: multi-phased projects and emphasis on interior-architecture a plus
• Aptitude for design with a strong aesthetic sense
• Ability and desire to work constructively in a team-oriented environment
• An enthusiastic/energetic/dynamic/’can-do” attitude towards all assignments
• Proven ability to multitask and manage multiple initiatives, in various phases, simultaneously
• Excellent verbal, written communication skills, fluency in English, valid long-term work status in the U.S.
• Excellent visual communication skills and advanced graphic skills
• Proficiency in BIM (Revit), AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe suite (PhotoShop, Illustrator and InDesign) and MS Office suite and/or other design related software
• A degree from an accredited school of Architecture, Interior Design or Interior Architecture
• NCIDQ certification, CID and LEED accreditation a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills, capacity to engage with co-workers and vendors
• Self-motivated & ability to manage time well to achieve deadlines; methodical follow-through
Assignments of substantial variety and complexity for educational and cultural projects, in new and/or renovated facilities, include:
• Work closely with design principal to develop and document planning concepts and design solutions
• Research, prepare and present high quality designs, including conceptual boards, image boards, plan layouts and material boards
• Collaborate with project team members to evaluate program requirements, and develop test-fit and space planning studies that inform design development of Interior architecture
• Develop finish material palettes and participate in customization of finish materials
• Manage Furniture Furnishings and Equipment (FF&E) selection, customization, budgeting, specifications
• Develop and contribute to the firm’s technical knowledge of architectural construction documents and specifications
Please send your resume, in PDF format to: email@example.com, with ‘ID-LA-5’ in the subject line.
Marketing Communications Designer
Pfeiffer is seeking a Marketing Communications Designer based in our Los Angeles office, to support our national marketing efforts. A 50-person practice, the firm’s focus is cultural and educational planning and building projects across the U.S. and abroad, with growth projected in both our New York and LA offices. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual, with an appreciation for the creative process and a cooperative can-do attitude, to join our marketing team to assist in winning work and advancing our strategic marketing initiatives.
Schedule flexibility to deal with unpredictable marketing deadlines and the ability to work quickly and efficiently are key. The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as good graphic eye and graphics capabilities, specifically the ability to convert technical information into a graphically creative message, coupled with an understanding of the marketing implications of presentation techniques and materials. Also important are strong organizational, time management and planning skills, the ability to handle numerous ongoing projects and assignments simultaneously, and being detailed-oriented, proactive, and working well independently, as well as part of a team.
• Assist with the proposal process for new work, including production of graphic and image layouts, charts, graphs and other computer generated illustrations and info graphics, as well as sub-consultant materials coordination and in-house printing
• Develop Powerpoint presentations and presentation boards for project interviews
• Create, update, and maintain staff resumes and project image and information sheets, requiring continual engagement with architectural and interior design staff and project leaders
• Assist Principals and other staff with materials needed for conference presentations and recruitment fairs
• Support marketing, business development and PR initiatives, including website and social media
• Provide backup and support to Marketing Coordinator and Communications Manager as required
• Interact effectively with firm leadership and staff
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communications or marketing and 1-3 years of experience in marketing, ideally in the AEC industry. Must possess strong computer skills and direct knowledge of PC-based desktop publishing and graphics. Programs include InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and PowerPoint. Experience with video would be a plus.
Only qualified candidates will be considered for this position. When applying, a tailored cover letter is required. Please email the cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing Communications Designer” in the Subject line, and be prepared to forward graphic/writing samples if contacted.
Pfeiffer offers competitive compensation and benefits package including professional development opportunities, a performance-based compensation plan and 401K.