We are a design-focused practice of architects, interior designers and planners with offices in New York City and Los Angeles. We work nationally and internationally with an emphasis on cultural, arts, and educational projects for public and private clients.
If you’re a talented, energetic professional seeking meaningful work, who wants to make a difference, let us hear from you.
Pfeiffer Architects offers competitive salaries, benefit programs and profit sharing.
Please send your resume, along with a tailored cover letter, to: email@example.com, with “Architects-LA” in the subject line.
Interior Designer - Los Angeles
To support continued growth, the firm’s Los Angeles office is currently seeking an interior designer who can take part in reimagining learning and arts environments for a new economy. If you are an energetic, inquisitive, emerging professional wanting to help shape a new future for educational facilities through design, please submit your qualifications.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
• 5 years of professional experience: multi-phased projects and emphasis on interior-architecture a plus
• Aptitude for design with a strong aesthetic sense
• Ability and desire to work constructively in a team-oriented environment
• An enthusiastic/energetic/dynamic/’can-do” attitude towards all assignments
• Proven ability to multitask and manage multiple initiatives, in various phases, simultaneously
• Excellent verbal, written communication skills, fluency in English, valid long-term work status in the U.S.
• Excellent visual communication skills and advanced graphic skills
• Proficiency in BIM (Revit), AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe suite (PhotoShop, Illustrator and InDesign) and MS Office suite and/or other design related software
• A degree from an accredited school of Architecture, Interior Design or Interior Architecture
• NCIDQ certification, CID and LEED accreditation a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills, capacity to engage with co-workers and vendors
• Self-motivated & ability to manage time well to achieve deadlines; methodical follow-through
Assignments of substantial variety and complexity for educational and cultural projects, in new and/or renovated facilities, include:
• Work closely with design principal to develop and document planning concepts and design solutions
• Research, prepare and present high quality designs, including conceptual boards, image boards, plan layouts and material boards
• Collaborate with project team members to evaluate program requirements, and develop test-fit and space planning studies that inform design development of Interior architecture
• Develop finish material palettes and participate in customization of finish materials
• Manage Furniture Furnishings and Equipment (FF&E) selection, customization, budgeting, specifications
• Develop and contribute to the firm’s technical knowledge of architectural construction documents and specifications
Please send your resume, in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with ‘ID-LA-5’ in the subject line.