Currently Available Positions
• Intermediate Architect – Los Angeles
• Intermediate Interior Designer – Los Angeles
• Architectural Planner – New York or Los Angeles
Intermediate Architect - Los Angeles
We are currently seeking an intermediate architect with 4-8 years of comprehensive experience for our Los Angeles office. Candidates must have a professional degree and should be a licensed architect or in the process of pursuing registration. The ideal candidate will be a creative and self-motivated professional committed to achieving design excellence.
The successful candidate will be involved in all phases of work from programming, planning, and schematic design through construction administration. The firm strives to provide excellent opportunities for individuals to excel in a dynamic collaborative environment where personal growth is encouraged.
Candidates must have a passion for design, excellent interpersonal abilities, strong communication and organizational skills and enjoy working in a team-oriented studio environment. Revit proficiency is required.
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Intermediate Architect” in the subject line.
Candidates with legal U.S. work status only. Pfeiffer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Architectural Planner - New York or Los Angeles
To support Pfeiffer’s continuing growth, the firm seeks an architectural planner with strong analytical and planning skills; experienced working with higher education clients. Candidate shall have strong communication skills, including the ability to make oral presentations, craft written narratives and prepare illustrative graphic materials. Experience with academic libraries a plus. The candidate can be located in either Los Angeles or New York City.
The person will work with project teams to facilitate strategic planning, academic programming and comprehensive master plans for both buildings as well as campus precincts. Participate in meetings with clients and stakeholders.
Candidate shall have experience in the following:
• Analyzing existing space-utilization of buildings; translating information into clear, well written narratives and graphics
• Preparing detailed space programs and program documents
• Developing comprehensive facility evaluations, including code and life safety analyses
• Developing conceptual plans for buildings, site and campus precincts, coordinating with consultants as necessary
• Producing presentation level drawings
• Preparing for and participating in client presentations
Desired Skills & Expertise
• 7-10 years of relevant experience with strategic planning, master planning, programming, concept design and facilitation in higher education
• Strong analytical and strategic thinking ability.
• Current knowledge of trends in higher education, with a emphasis on academic libraries and student life facilities
• Ability to produce high quality planning deliverables, in graphic and written formats
• Strong interpersonal skills; capacity to inspire, engage with and invigorate discussions with clients as well as project teams
• Team-oriented and highly collaborative
• Excellent time management and follow-through skills: ability to plan & manage workload to achieve deadlines
• Strong verbal & written communication skills; fluency in English and a valid long-term work status in the U.S.
• Proficiency in BIM (Revit), AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe suite (PhotoShop, Illustrator and InDesign) and MS Office suite and/or other design and project management related software
Given that +/- 80% of our projects are outside of Los Angeles or New York City, candidate must be willing to travel.
Please send your resume, along with a tailored cover letter, to: email@example.com with ‘Architectural Planner’ in the subject line. Upon review of cover letter and resume, graphic materials may be requested.
We are a design-focused practice of architects, interior designers and planners with offices in New York City and Los Angeles. We work nationally and internationally with an emphasis on cultural, arts, and educational projects for public and private clients.
If you’re a talented, energetic professional seeking meaningful work, who wants to make a difference, let us hear from you.
Pfeiffer Architects offers competitive salaries, benefit programs and profit sharing.
Intermediate Interior Designer - Los Angeles
Pfeiffer has an immediate opening for an intermediate interior designer in our downtown Los Angeles office to work on educational and cultural projects that involve assignments of substantial variety and complexity. If you care to make a difference, are inquisitive, energetic, and a committed professional seeking a growth opportunity, please apply.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Work closely with senior interior designers to develop inventive and cost-effective design solutions
• Develop presentation materials, including sketches, diagrams, layouts, and details that effectively communicate design intent
• Participate in project meetings and record meeting outcomes
• Develop architectural construction documents and contribute content for architectural specifications
• Develop finish materials packages and Furniture Furnishings and Equipment (FF&E) packages for projects, including researching, selecting, customizing, estimating, budgeting, and producing complete specifications
• Oversee the firm’s resource library, including scheduling vendor visits and keeping resources current.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
• 6-8 years of relevant experience; prior experience with higher education or similar typologies a plus
• Strong aesthetic sense, technical understanding, and a solid knowledge of finish materials and products
• Strong verbal & written communication skills; fluency in English (oral and written communication)
• Proficiency in BIM (Revit), AutoCAD, and SketchUp and/or other design related software
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, Illustrator and InDesign) and MS Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint)
• A degree from an accredited school of Architecture, Interior Design or Interior Architecture
• NCIDQ certification, CID and LEED accreditation a plus
• Must be authorized to work in the United States and be living in Los Angeles area.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to manage time well and to achieve deadlines; possess methodical follow-through skills, and have an enthusiastic "can-do" attitude toward all assignments. We are seeking a driven, creative problem-solver, who brings attention to detail, a desire to work in a team environment and an interest in professional advancement.
Pfeiffer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send your resume and portfolio along with a cover letter in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org,
with ‘ID-LA-6-8” in the subject line.