Currently Available Positions
• Architect/Designer – Los Angeles or New York City
• Architectural Planner – New York or Los Angeles
Architect/Designer - Los Angeles or New York City
Pfeiffer is currently seeking creative design architects to support the firm’s continued growth.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
• Architectural degree from an accredited program
• 5-15 years of relevant architectural experience in cultural, institutional, and educational work
• Excellent design and graphic skills, with the ability to conceptualize and design complex projects from the pre- design through construction documents phases
• Advanced digital modeling & rendering skills; physical model-making skills are a plus
• Self motivation and the ability to manage time well and achieve project deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with fluency in English and valid work status in the U.S.
• Experience working in the context of multidisciplinary project teams
• Working knowledge of Revit, AutoCad, Sketchup, Rhino, Adobe Suite, and/or other design related software is considered essential
• Architectural licensure is preferred.
• Lead and assist in design efforts on design projects at a variety of scales (typically $15 – 75 million in construction cost), working with the Design Principal and Principal in Charge
• Demonstrate a high degree of creative thinking in the design process, and be able to effectively communicate design ideas both verbally and graphically
• Develop presentations using physical and digital tools
• Participate in charettes and develop ideas and materials for use in project marketing pursuits
• Originate and develop concepts and options for planning and feasibility studies
• Author building design concepts and proposed solutions for renovation or new construction design problems within the context of a collaborative project team
• Work directly and effectively with clients, consultants, vendors and contractors
• Participate constructively in a team-oriented environment, providing mentorship and management of junior design staff.
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Architect/Designer” in the subject line.
Candidates with legal U.S. work status only. Pfeiffer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Architectural Planner - New York or Los Angeles
To support Pfeiffer’s continuing growth, the firm seeks an architectural planner with strong analytical and planning skills; experienced working with higher education clients. Candidate shall have strong communication skills, including the ability to make oral presentations, craft written narratives and prepare illustrative graphic materials. Experience with academic libraries a plus. The candidate can be located in either Los Angeles or New York City.
The person will work with project teams to facilitate strategic planning, academic programming and comprehensive master plans for both buildings as well as campus precincts. Participate in meetings with clients and stakeholders.
Candidate shall have experience in the following:
• Analyzing existing space-utilization of buildings; translating information into clear, well written narratives and graphics
• Preparing detailed space programs and program documents
• Developing comprehensive facility evaluations, including code and life safety analyses
• Developing conceptual plans for buildings, site and campus precincts, coordinating with consultants as necessary
• Producing presentation level drawings
• Preparing for and participating in client presentations
Desired Skills & Expertise
• 7-10 years of relevant experience with strategic planning, master planning, programming, concept design and facilitation in higher education
• Strong analytical and strategic thinking ability.
• Current knowledge of trends in higher education, with a emphasis on academic libraries and student life facilities
• Ability to produce high quality planning deliverables, in graphic and written formats
• Strong interpersonal skills; capacity to inspire, engage with and invigorate discussions with clients as well as project teams
• Team-oriented and highly collaborative
• Excellent time management and follow-through skills: ability to plan & manage workload to achieve deadlines
• Strong verbal & written communication skills; fluency in English and a valid long-term work status in the U.S.
• Proficiency in BIM (Revit), AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe suite (PhotoShop, Illustrator and InDesign) and MS Office suite and/or other design and project management related software
Given that +/- 80% of our projects are outside of Los Angeles or New York City, candidate must be willing to travel.
Please send your resume, along with a tailored cover letter, to: email@example.com with ‘Architectural Planner’ in the subject line. Upon review of cover letter and resume, graphic materials may be requested.
We are a design-focused practice of architects, interior designers and planners with offices in New York City and Los Angeles. We work nationally and internationally with an emphasis on cultural, arts, and educational projects for public and private clients.
If you’re a talented, energetic professional seeking meaningful work, who wants to make a difference, let us hear from you.
Pfeiffer Architects offers competitive salaries, benefit programs and profit sharing.