We are a design-focused practice of architects, interior designers and planners with offices in New York City and Los Angeles. We work nationally and internationally with an emphasis on cultural, arts, and educational projects for public and private clients.
If you’re a talented, energetic professional seeking meaningful work, who wants to make a difference, let us hear from you.
Pfeiffer Architects offers competitive salaries, benefit programs and profit sharing.
Please send your resume, along with a tailored cover letter, to: email@example.com, with “Architects-LA” in the subject line.
Senior Architect - Los Angeles
We are seeking a Senior Project Architect to lead, develop, and follow through on projects from initial concepts/pre-design through construction administration phases. The candidate should have both strong technical and design capabilities and the ability to openly and effectively collaborate with senior staff and to direct/mentor intermediate and junior staff.
• 15 or more years of relevant experience
• Registered architect
• LEED AP preferred
• Leading the design and documentation process from concepts through CA for multi-phased, complex performing arts, libraries, and student services projects
• Leading and coordinating large consultant teams, including structural, MEP, civil, and specialty consultants, such as theater designers, acousticians, lighting designers, landscape architects, waterproofing consultants, etc.
• Documenting new construction, as well as renovations and additions
• Preparing building construction drawings and details that are aligned with construction budgets
• Editing and coordinating specifications
• Research and innovative application of materials and building systems
• Clear understanding of risk mitigation through technical acumen and effective construction phase management
• Thorough understanding of project delivery processes
• Proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD and other applicable software applications
Project Architect Experience
• Experience in the development and implementation of project schedules, work plans, cartoon sets, and other tools for managing the design and documentation process
• Familiarity with both owner/architect and architect/consultant forms of agreement
• Solid writing skills and experience writing fee and additional service proposals
• Familiarity with project finances, budgeting and labor allocations, and proven ability to align work effort with available fee
• Ability to work effectively with Principals and project design leaders in a collaborative environment
• Ability to openly communicate with staff at all levels as well as mentor emerging professionals
• Ability to effectively represent the firm to its clients and the community
• An effective communicator, experienced in making presentations to clients and public agencies
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Senior Architect – LA’ in the subject line.
Architectural Planner - New York or Los Angeles
To support Pfeiffer’s continuing growth, the firm seeks an architectural planner with strong analytical and planning skills; experienced working with higher education clients. Candidate shall have strong communication skills, including the ability to make oral presentations, craft written narratives and prepare illustrative graphic materials. Experience with academic libraries a plus. The candidate can be located in either Los Angeles or New York City.
The person will work with project teams to facilitate strategic planning, academic programming and comprehensive master plans for both buildings as well as campus precincts. Participate in meetings with clients and stakeholders.
Candidate shall have experience in the following:
• Analyzing existing space-utilization of buildings; translating information into clear, well written narratives and graphics
• Preparing detailed space programs and program documents
• Developing comprehensive facility evaluations, including code and life safety analyses
• Developing conceptual plans for buildings, site and campus precincts, coordinating with consultants as necessary
• Producing presentation level drawings
• Preparing for and participating in client presentations
Desired Skills & Expertise
• 7-10 years of relevant experience with strategic planning, master planning, programming, concept design and facilitation in higher education
• Strong analytical and strategic thinking ability.
• Current knowledge of trends in higher education, with a emphasis on academic libraries and student life facilities
• Ability to produce high quality planning deliverables, in graphic and written formats
• Strong interpersonal skills; capacity to inspire, engage with and invigorate discussions with clients as well as project teams
• Team-oriented and highly collaborative
• Excellent time management and follow-through skills: ability to plan & manage workload to achieve deadlines
• Strong verbal & written communication skills; fluency in English and a valid long-term work status in the U.S.
• Proficiency in BIM (Revit), AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe suite (PhotoShop, Illustrator and InDesign) and MS Office suite and/or other design and project management related software
Given that +/- 80% of our projects are outside of Los Angeles or New York City, candidate must be willing to travel.
Please send your resume, along with a tailored cover letter, to: email@example.com with ‘Architectural Planner’ in the subject line. Upon review of cover letter and resume, graphic materials may be requested.