We are a design-focused practice of architects, interior designers and planners with offices in New York City and Los Angeles. We work nationally and internationally with an emphasis on cultural, arts, and educational projects for public and private clients.
If you’re a talented, energetic professional seeking meaningful work, who wants to make a difference, let us hear from you.
Pfeiffer Architects offers competitive salaries, benefit programs and profit sharing.
Please send your resume, along with a tailored cover letter, to: email@example.com, with “Architects-LA” in the subject line.
Currently Available Positions - Descriptions at Right
• Administrative Assistant – Part Time
• Interior Design Intern
• Architectural Planner – New York or Los Angeles
Administrative Assistant - Part Time
We are currently seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant (between 20 and 30 hours/week) for our New York City office who is comfortable working in a fast paced, creative environment. The successful candidate should be extremely organized, have a good work ethic and be able to multi-task. Responsibilities include phone, mail, correspondence, errands, materials and office supplies purchasing; preparation of expense reports and other general administrative duties; support of marketing (graphic design skills are a plus); and construction administration tasks, including logging, filing and general support.
Candidates should have some prior administrative experience, preferably in a similar professional environment.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
Interior Design Intern
We have an immediate opening for a paid internship with our Interiors team in our downtown Los Angeles office. We are looking for a confident and motivated 3rd or 4th year student, majoring in Interior Design. This part-time position is 8-16 hours per week (with potential for more); we are flexible with the work schedule. We’ll be happy to mentor and coach a detail-oriented, dependable, promising designer who is excited to learn new things.
It is anticipated that the intern will work closely with our interior designers in support of current projects and will assist with activities including (but not limited to): • Research of products, including sourcing and pricing materials
• Correspondence with vendors, including schedule product updates and reviews
• Development of presentation materials • Organization and management of materials resource library.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) • Basic proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Revit software is preferred
• Fluency in English (oral and written communication)
• Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign software is a plus
• Interest and experience in creating content for social media is a plus
• Self-motivated, ability to manage time well to achieve deadlines; methodical follow-through
• Must be authorized to work in the United States and be living in Los Angeles area
Please send your resume with a cover letter, in PDF format to: email@example.com, with ‘ID-LA-Intrn’ in the subject line.
Architectural Planner - New York or Los Angeles
To support Pfeiffer’s continuing growth, the firm seeks an architectural planner with strong analytical and planning skills; experienced working with higher education clients. Candidate shall have strong communication skills, including the ability to make oral presentations, craft written narratives and prepare illustrative graphic materials. Experience with academic libraries a plus. The candidate can be located in either Los Angeles or New York City.
The person will work with project teams to facilitate strategic planning, academic programming and comprehensive master plans for both buildings as well as campus precincts. Participate in meetings with clients and stakeholders.
Candidate shall have experience in the following:
• Analyzing existing space-utilization of buildings; translating information into clear, well written narratives and graphics
• Preparing detailed space programs and program documents
• Developing comprehensive facility evaluations, including code and life safety analyses
• Developing conceptual plans for buildings, site and campus precincts, coordinating with consultants as necessary
• Producing presentation level drawings
• Preparing for and participating in client presentations
Desired Skills & Expertise
• 7-10 years of relevant experience with strategic planning, master planning, programming, concept design and facilitation in higher education
• Strong analytical and strategic thinking ability.
• Current knowledge of trends in higher education, with a emphasis on academic libraries and student life facilities
• Ability to produce high quality planning deliverables, in graphic and written formats
• Strong interpersonal skills; capacity to inspire, engage with and invigorate discussions with clients as well as project teams
• Team-oriented and highly collaborative
• Excellent time management and follow-through skills: ability to plan & manage workload to achieve deadlines
• Strong verbal & written communication skills; fluency in English and a valid long-term work status in the U.S.
• Proficiency in BIM (Revit), AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe suite (PhotoShop, Illustrator and InDesign) and MS Office suite and/or other design and project management related software
Given that +/- 80% of our projects are outside of Los Angeles or New York City, candidate must be willing to travel.
Please send your resume, along with a tailored cover letter, to: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Architectural Planner’ in the subject line. Upon review of cover letter and resume, graphic materials may be requested.